Flagstone School is a well-known preschool in the Old Town Alexandria area, serving children ages 2 months - 5 years of age. Flagstone School was established in 1994, by a team of dedicated professionals, who had a passion for helping parents and their children enjoy a more positive educational learning community
It was founded on the philosophy that the unique developmental abilities of each child are to be recognized, respected and encouraged. The Flagstone School strives to implement a curriculum that is a joyful learning experience, encouraging but never forcing, challenging but never overwhelming. We believe that while working together parents, children and staff have the responsibility and the privilege of bringing about a community in which its members neither loose sight of their own strengths, nor disrespect the rights of others.
Important message regarding COVID 19
Policies and safeguards during Covid-19
1. All rooms go through the following:
* Deep bleaching mixture soak once during the day and again at night. The toys are rotated in this process so there is plenty of materials available for children's use.
* All soft toys, dress-up clothes etc are removed till further notice.
*All chairs, table, counters etc. are sanitized and washed several times during the day, and thoroughly washed at night and re-wiped in the morning.
2. Parents are asked to wash their own and children's hands upon entering the classroom. Staff supervise the washing of the children's hands through out the day.
3. All backpack, diaper bags etc. are sprayed and wiped off continuously.
4. All coats, sweaters etc. are sent home each night so cubbies and cribs can be sanitized
5. A safe distance between child-to-child and child-to-adult is practiced throughout the day
Flagstone, a place for children
Building Memories that last a lifetime